Animal Control Bylaw (PDF 450 KB)
Building Bylaw (PDF 780 KB)
Property & Taxation Bylaw (1.4 MB)
In 2003 CR Band Chief and Council signed our Property Taxation and Property Assessment Bylaws, enacting tax jurisdiction over reserve lands and taking an important step toward self determination. The role of the CR Taxation Department is to administer our Taxation Bylaws. We collect property taxes from the commercial properties located on the CR Reserve. Pursuant to our Property Taxation Bylaw, spending is governed by an annual Expenditure Bylaw. Tax Revenue is used to pay for the SERVICES we provide to the residents on commercial properties, such as fire protection, water & sewer infrastructure, road maintenance and by law enforcement.
Dana Henderson has been in the taxation field for 4 years now. Taxation is broad, and there is lots to learn. Dana gets great satisfaction from what she is doing for the band and the community. Dana has chosen Taxation as her career as it is an ongoing learning and challenging career choice that she enjoys immensely. Dana looks forward to developing more projects for the band and the people as a whole.
What is Taxation?
The Taxation Department collects the land taxes on businesses that reside on Campbell River Reserve Lands.
Here is a list of business located on the Reserve:
What are Taxation Dollars used for?
Taxation dollars are used for community enhancement projects.
- Upgrading Big House
- T-Bird Hall
- Elders Program
- Youth Program
- Culture Program
Projects Completed to Date
- New playground (resembling a pirate ship) on the new subdivision down the Spit
- New playground next to the Band Office that also includes a baby swing set
- New, larger school bus
- Steel doors for Big House
- Steel doors for Hall
- CD’s were created, featuring Laichwiltach songs for all the youth learning to dance and sing at culture night
- Reserve clean-up each year
- Taxation is also a way of creating jobs for community members
- New computers in computer lab
Programs Funded by Taxation
- Taxation assists in helping our elders go to their Elders gatherings each year.
- The Elders Bus is also a contribution from the Taxation Department.
- Elders Worker and Youth Workers are funded thru the Taxation Department.
- Patient travel top up
- New Equipment
- Field Trips
- Christmas Concert each year